I was thrilled when I learned Echoes of the Storm advanced to the long-list of the CYGNUS Book Awards for Science Fiction. It then advanced to the short-list.
But it gets better! Echoes has moved to the semi-finals!
CYGNUS recognizes emerging new talent and outstanding works in sci-fi, steampunk, alternative history, and speculative fiction. To be included on a list like this is so heartening. It’s one thing when your relatives and friends say you tell a great story, but when an anonymous group of reviewers singles you out from hundreds (or thousands?) of entries – now THAT is a great feeling.
The CYGNUS award is one of many sponsored by Chanticleer Book Reviews. Submitted books go through several rounds of judging to get to the finals:
- slush pile – chapter 1 read: if it gets a ‘yes’, it advances to the long list
- long-list – 60-80 more pages read; a ‘yes’ moves you forward
- short-list – book reviewers and editors read the book; ‘yes’ advances it to semis
- semi-finals – another round of reviews; a ‘yes’ will move the book to the finals
- finals – from the finalists, Chanticleer will name the ‘first in category’
You can see why I’m so honored to have come to round 4, and be in the running for a finalist position.
Congratulations! What an honor!
Thank you, Rachel!
That is fantastic news, Char! Congratulations on a wonderful achievement 🙂
Thank you, Luciana! I hope all is well with you!
Travelling along 😉