Title: Battle Scars: Men of the Cross
(book 1 of a series)
Revisions progress: round 4, 95%
Two weeks back, I reported I was at 73%. That was round 3. 🙂 I returned to page 1 and began round 4. Actually, I ignored page 1 and started with chapter 2. This was to be a quick run-through to do some final fact-checks and review lines I still wasn’t happy with. I’m in the middle of the 2nd to last chapter and may hit THE END again within the next couple of days. By this weekend, I plan to tackle the opening scene (again). “I’m done” should be on my lips by February 1. (Fingers crossed.) Critique/writing group partner Marie has offered to do a final round of red-lining.
Done? Ha! After this comes:
- book cover design
- blurb writing for Amazon, Barnes & Noble, my website, etc.
- prepare an author’s note to include at the end of the book & acknowledgements for the front matter
- last round of editing based on Marie’s comments
- book cover reveal! (i.e., marketing)
- insert 2 maps to accompany book
- convert Word .doc for e-book version & review the manuscript again & again
- manuscript preparation for print-on-demand version
- send out a few ARCs (advanced reader copies)
- hit the publish button
- market the book here, there, and everywhere
When all that’s done, I’ll pull out the book 2 manuscript and:
- start revisions
- flesh out the plot for book 3
- check into an insane asylum
What does 2014 look like for you?