What I did on my Labor Day weekend:
- finished the rough draft of part 2 of my crusades novella on Saturday. Can you say “rough”?
- started revising the opening of part 2 this morning and scrapped several versions – back to the drawing board tomorrow
- reviewed one of my nonfiction resources to get the timeline of the march from Acre toward Jerusalem straight – I know I have some clean up related to that as I revise
- cooked chicken, southern-style green beans, and macaroni & cheese for visiting friends and family; did a google video call with S#1 in Florida
- ordered a wedding gift for DD and her fiance 🙂
- reviewed the wedding budget and the checklist of to-do items, discussed housing for out of town guests, and transportation issues
- had DD pin up the hem of my dress for the wedding; now to find a seamstress!
- did the usual household chores, which reminds me – the laundry needs to make its way to the dryer. (Why can’t I just wave a magic wand?)
- listened to the rain and thunder, something we haven’t had enough of this summer
I’m looking forward to a 4 day work week. We should have more of those! I hope you had an enjoyable weekend.